Thursday 10 November 2016

Gingerbread Man

Good Morning blogging friends. I hope this finds you all fit and well and avoiding those nasty bugs that are floating round.
Today it is lovely sunshine...Thank goodness....yesterday was snow! I feel so much better when the sun shines, so today the washer is on and I have a mental list of 'TO DO's'. Lets hope I achieve them!!

So before I head off to the craft room (grin).........well the washer is doing the house work today isn't it?.......I have a Christmas card to share with you. This card has taken so long to come together so that I was happy with it, and has sat on my desk in several stages until  I had a'light bulb' moment and BINGO...I made two the same while I was on a roll!!...lol    How can one get excited about bits of card??



Everything is made from Snippets of varying sizes...so I am rushing to the Playground this week before it snows again.
The Gingerbread man is a Tonic die and the greeting is LOTV. The washi tape was a find on my travels that just fitted the bill !
So a handful of C Cards down and umpteen to go!..............all the important family ones still to crack on with!

Hubby and I had a good but tiring time at the NEC visiting all the shows last week. Managed to do quite a bit of the Christmas shopping and I didn't spend too much on crafty bits for me..........so feeling pleased with myself (smug grin here)...........and just to sicken those people that keep reminding us there are only so many days/sleeps left to Christmas.......some of the presents are already wrapped! (another smug grin and a wink).

Right coffee time.....anyone for joining me?........then its on with the 'To Do's'.

Thanks for stopping by, I love it when you do, especially if you let me know you have been.

Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend...shopping, crafting or relaxing (notice housework was not mentioned) or whatever you are doing and see you all again next week I hope.

Crafty hugs
Carole xx

Challenges entered :-

Snippets Playground...254..................apart from base card all snippets.
HLS November...............Anything goes with dies.

16 comments:

  1. Coffee for me please! And can I bring my washing round????
    Can't get into the Christmas thing - I don't feel like I've had summer yet... and it's MONSOON weather here on the other side of the Pennines!
    He's a cute gingerbread man - good enough to eat... with the coffee!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening Carole I hope you enjoyed your time in the craft room today. I really love this card. The paper is lovely and what super washi tape. I really do like your gingerbread man. In fact I love everything about this super card. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've used such lovely colours here. That washi was a real find. It looks so perfectly put together, no-one would know you'd agonised over it! I hope you did better with your 'To dos' today than I did, my list is still long. See you in the playground. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ginger bread man......good enough to eat! Great card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you for getting excited about the bits that came together for this terrific snippets gingerbread Cc, Carole! It's wonderful! Go you for putting your priorities in proper order! I'm glad you had a good time at NEC!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, love this gingerbread man and how lucky to find matching washi tape. As for the housework.... I'm running an experiment to see just how thick dust gets! As for christmas I really must go shopping - need to get present a mangeable size for posting too. Have a great weekend and take it easy on the housework xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Carole! Love the gingerbread man himself (I have a similar die set - sigh, not used it yet) and absolutely LOVE your card. Evertyhing goes together so well :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so frustrating when a card won't come together how you want...and then so brilliant when it finally does! I love these pretty papers and cute tag design, and who can resist a gorgeous little gingerbread man like this?!
    I hope you had a productive day and enjoy your weekend!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Carol! I love that gingerbread man!Your card is very festive....and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how you get excited Carole - I share the affliction too and this card was so worth the time it took! That gingerbread man is so spiffy and I love his little red buttons. Glad you enjoyed the NEC and I'm envious that you even have presents wrapped when I haven't even been able to decide what to buy for anyone yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this gingerbread man, Carole! I see that Di liked it too! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute gingerbread man card here Carole.
    I'll have a coffee with you . . . put the kettle on!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carole, thank you for visiting my blog and for becoming a follower, I've just returned the favour. After all, when I saw the name of your blog.........cake and cards, and then you're inviting people to join you for coffee, I couldn't resist! :) Your card is lovely and I really like the colour combinations. Many congratulations on your lucky win at the playground this week and I hope you'll come and visit my blog again soon. Happy crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carole
    Fabulous card... love the ginger man
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is soooo DARLING Carole! I especially love that cute little gingerman! What a precious die!!! Hope you're doing well! :)

    Big hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carole, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors , layers and sweet gingerbread man! I try to get a few chores done first before the craft room too. Most Mondays is when I break that rule and just go in, not sure why :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete