Friday 18 July 2014

Baby Blues

Good evening friends...actually the best part of the day here now...sunshine. It has been very cloudy and rainy today...still warm though! Hope you have been having nice sunshine where you are.

Ok on with the card and this is one I made for my friends daughter who gave birth last week to a BOY!
I chose one of the images from LOTV and some of their papers...Bonnets and Bowties. these are so pretty ....in fact all LOTV papers and images are lovely!


I coloured the image with my Copics...had three attempts at this...I found it hard! (any tips gratefully received).



All the sentiments are also LOTV and the ribbon and little charm from my stash...yippee I have used up something from my stash!

Well nothing much planned here this weekend except Mum for dinner on Sunday. I need to get an Anniversary card made for hubby...only got till Tuesday..any ideas anyone? I do so find him hard to make for!!.......everything seems so girlie!

Have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing, take care and don't forget the suncream and the brolly!!

Crafty hugs
Carole xx

PS
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-
LOTV ---Take two.----------------.papers and image and sentiments...that's three!
Crafting by designs----Use a sentiment.......see they had to come in useful!

13 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card for a new baby, any new parents would love to receive this, gorgeous work.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Carole and to me, your colouring looks great. All nicely blended. Has been scorching hot here in West Sussex, all day. Had a bit of a storm about 8.30 tonight. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole fab card today loving this LOTV image but like you say they are all gorgeous. I use a mix of promarkers and copics and usually start with the lightest colour as the base then add the slightly darker colours for shading and then go back over with the light colour to blend any hard edges. Hope this helps but I'm not an expert. It was our anniversary yesterday and the card I gave my hubby is on my blog not sure it will help as it may not be the type of thing you like. Have a great weekend Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Carole, So sorry for being a rubbish friend and not emailing you back yet! Will try tomorrow! Thank you so much for your compliments on my card too, your turn now! This is absolutely lovely, and your colouring is faberoony!!! That's a made up word in our house that means not only fabulous but amazingly fabulous! Love the colour combo too, I love putting brown/buff/kraft in everything at the moment. Are you on Pinterest Carole? It's great for tips and tutorials and ideas for anniversaries... Hope you're having a good weekend despite the up and down weather! Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute and love the colouring
    enjoy your Sunday
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is perfect! You are right, those are some gorgeous papers. The card is so sweet...who can resist such a cute baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Just so cute Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable hun...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Carole! OOoH how SWEET & PRECIOUS this is and she will LOVE this card! That is such a darling idea how you stuck the tags out at the sides like that! This is so BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Hope you had a lovely weekend Carole!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carole, this is just so gorgeous!! I also have this image but it hasn't been inked up yet (surprise, surprise lol!) I think you and I must have been on the same wave length as I've also used those little tags on my card lol!!.. hope all is well hun, haven't had much time just recently, have been thinking about you though:)
    Love and Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful baby card! Your colouring looks gorgeous and I love the cute little charm!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really adorable. Love the kraft and blue together. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Carole - *c* here, with a huge smile on my face, from reading all the wonderful comments you've left on my blog! You sure know how to make my day sparkle; THANK YOU! Your baby card here...oh my but it is absolutely darling, adorable and sweet! The new parents will treasure this immensely! Your copic colouring looks mighty amazing from what I can see. I, too, have troubles with Copics, mainly because I only have 12, and they aren't really in similar colour families. I do try...but yeesh! The recycle bin usually reaps the results *grin* Off to see what's next.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete