Friday 25 July 2014

Another year!

Good evening cyber friends. Hasn't it been a hot week!...not that I am complaining but it doesn't make me want to go in the craft room and craft. I think each day may be the last of the sunshine so one has to make the most of it!

On to my card and it is the Anniversary card that I did for my husband. I didn't want hearts so decided on a romantic beach scene instead.


The picture was built up with inks and Inkylicious dusting brushes and the waves were added with a white pen, which flooded! and I think I need a bit more practice on those.The grasses and birds were from an Inkylicious set of stamps, and the couple are from another stamp with a tree by Inkylicious (sorry can't remember the names).
I heat embossed the shells (same set) with WOW superfine white on to some pale cream Adorable Scorable card and then attached the image at the side. All matted on to an Adorable Scorable card base...fab card that A S (can't type it again).
Hubby seemed pleased with it and we went out for a lovely meal to celebrate our Anniversary.

Hope you are all well and not too worn out with the heat.Thank you for stopping by and for any lovely comments that let me know I have lovely friends out there.
Have a super weekend,
Crafty hugs
Carole xx

12 comments:

  1. Sooo romantic! I love it! I ADORE your beach scene! It's very cleverly done. I could see the embossed shells straight away too. All your cards are so different, it's a lovely surprise to see what you make next. Looking forward to ST! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole
    Fabulous card... Love the image... Gorgeous....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful scene you have created Carole. A gorgeous card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Carole!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your hubby!!! Hope you both had a lovely meal and a wonderful time! :)

    Your card is simply GORGEOUS! I love this beach scene you've created .. sigh .. reminds me of back home! :)

    Hope you're having a beautiful weekend!

    Sending Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary and what a gorgeous card tis a fantastic design just gorgeous love the beach scene so lovely love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, simple and elegant, love it!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Carole, I love how you have done the waves, I thought it was a stamp!! I love the scene it's so romantic.... Congratulations to you and Alan:) hope you had a great meal and a fabulous day:)
    Love and Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks incredible! I love the scene you've created with the inks - so beautiful! The border of shells is a perfect touch too. Hope you had a lovely anniversary!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous love the the papers and your gorgeous created scene
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love how you created the sea! Happy Anny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is beautiful hun...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Anniversary, Carole and husband - and oh my, of course, he loved this card: it's stunning! A romantic beach scene, indeed - and created with such a variety of techniques! Impressive and delightful! I need to track down some WOW white embossing powder at some point - but where I live, that's near to impossible (a small town in the Canadian Rockies in Alberta). Perhaps when I go see my family in my home city (4 hours away) I can check out a couple of scrapbook stores. On my list...
    Again, such a pretty, pretty card...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete