Friday 27 June 2014

Christmas Lights.

Hello blogging friends...How are you? good I hope despite the miserable day we are having...well here in W Yorkshire it is raining and only 14 degrees C!!!! It' hard to think that last week I was basking in temperatures in the mid 30's.  Anyway best not depress myself anymore.

On to a quick card of which I have managed 4 this afternoon...now that has to be a record and yes Mojo arrived back safely thanks.The depressing part on this one is that they are Christmas cards  :(     too early I know.
Anyway here are a couple of them.


I bought some Card-io stamps at Bolton the other week, one pack being small Christmas things,lights, bells,trees etc as I had in mind to do this for a quick card.
I wanted to use some coloured cards that I had, that said Christmas, so dug them out. I stamped the largest of the bulbs in random colours on white card that I had pricked round the edge, and then came the hard bit...joining them together with fine liner! I stamped Merry Christmas from my large Christmas stash and added glamour dust to the lights with a glue pen.
I mounted the white card on 3D foam for a bit of dimension.
I am quite pleased with them but wonder if they would have looked better in all white card.
I see other peoples LIM creations with coloured card and they always look fabulous.

Be sure to tell me what you think,that's how we all learn isn't it?

The string of lights remind me of the lights we had when I was a child and you could get replacement bulbs for them when they went out!.......you don't remember them?.......well you are either too young or telling porkies!

So that's my first Christmas card. I have been busy with some other cards but can't blog them just yet.

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to read my blog and thanks for all your lovely comments that you leave me . I really feel valued when you do that.
Hope you all have a nice weekend whatever you are planning and let's hope this weather improves.I think it will be a catch up weekend here and a visit to Mums on Sunday.

OK that ironing has been ignored for crafting...yeah!!! so off to finish the last bit (before we start on next weeks washing)!!.....it's trousers, shorts and skirts so not a quick tea towel  :(    Hey ho.

Hugs
Carole xx



9 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Carole - like the red one especially!
    Forecast is better for the weekend here thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous they look so effective I love that stamp and your hand lines are so good I thought it was part of the stamp. These colours look great you could try using white but when its cold and dark at Christmas I think these traditional colours give us a real lift. Well nothing exciting for me either its raining at the moment so just shopping, washing and hopefully some crafting Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole I really like these! Definitely better with some colour and I thought it was all one stamp too! Brilliant - look great, and not too complicated, how long did they take to make? Glad to see your mojo has returned too, thank goodness!
    Weather is poo pants as we say in our house, I've even got the heating back on, it's ridiculous!
    We're taking the boys to see Peppa Pig on stage in Manchester tomorrow, I may be slightly excited about that.
    Have a lovely Sunday Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, such a lovely design and I definitely like the colours! The stamp is lovely and the sparkles are such a pretty touch.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so lovely Carole, bright and cheeful, I love your ideas ;;))
    Why don't you enter these into Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything Goes' there's a lovely prize from lotv to be won.. :)
    Big Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely designs Carole.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Carole, love them both...
    .xx
    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lights are so festive..cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Carole! Yes, you are right .. these lights remind me of the Christmas lights I remembered as a child! :) I thought they were so beautiful! Both of your cards are so lovely .. and you are so clever with the colors and the edges! These are such beautiful Christmas cards that anyone would love to receive!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete