Wednesday 7 May 2014

'Alcohol'

Hi friends!
Here it is that elusive male card that I had to do for my son. I have to say that I had a bit if a light bulb moment in the end taking inspiration from this card here by Liz...thank you Liz! I would never have got there without your design idea.




The sentiment - I couldn't resist buying when I saw it, it is so true don't you think? Out came the IndigoBlu wine bottle and I masked off the words on that, and the background stamp was in my stash...un-inked, so that has made it's debut.A bit of matting and layering and pricking....sounds so quick but boy what with all the thinking time ....it took forever. Anyway I am pleased with the result and so was my son!

Hope the Bank Holiday went well for you all....not long until the next one!........I am a day behind again this week...they sure throw you out of sync.

For those of you that read in an earlier post about my sorting of the craft room....well yippee it's done!....and now of course I can't find anything as some things have moved place! I have re-acquainted myself with a lot of stuff, frightened myself silly really the amount in there, and I have parted company with a few bits...just a few...well they might come in !

Looking forward to Saturday and the LOTV 10th Birthday Party and hopefully meeting up with some blogging buddies! and no doubt parting with a bit more cash for lovely things that will then need a home!.........you know that tidy sorted craft room........!!

Thanks for stopping by and an extra thanks to those who are kind enough to leave me a comment and make my day!
Take care friends
Hugs
Carole xx

Challenges entered :-

Papertake Weekly ...Anything goes with an option to not used patterned paper.

9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous what a great design and amazing sentiment just a fabulous man card bet your son loved receiving this card amazing Enjoy LOTV bet its a great atmosphere I'll have a look at it on Facebook if I can. So jealous your craft room is tidy mine is like a bomb site at present as I'm doing wedding stationery I've got boxes and bags of stuff everywhere Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant Carole! Perfect. I'm going on Saturday too! Hope to catch you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just tidied my craft room this evening. I was fed up with working in a mess. Tomorrow I will not be able to find a thing! Sadly I can't go to LOTV party but will be ordering my stamps online. Love your son's card and the sentiment is brilliant. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my dearest sis!! Really enjoyed our chat today, and thank you for the cuppa:)...
    just unpacking my goodies and going to see if I can rustle up a quick card lol!! I didn't buy too much some paper pads and art pads and a couple of the new fairy stamps, I was really good!
    I love this card Carole, and what a fabulous sentiment... Wish my craft room was sorted:)..
    Enjoy the rest of the week-end and will speak to you soon....
    Love and Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole
    Fabulous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Carol! So effective and perfect for men!! Fab catching up with you at LOTV. Can't wait til the next catch up session!
    huggles
    Debs X

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fabulous card, I absolutely love your design - such a perfect way to use these stamps! The sentiment made me laugh. Congrats on finishing sorting your craft room, always a nightmare job for me!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahahahhahahah! Carole this sentiment made me laugh out loud!!!!! Sooooo cute! And love what you have done with his card .. he'll LOVE it and I know he'll get a good chuckle out of it too! :)

    Glad to hear that your craft room has gotten all sorted .. but now .. to find that ONE piece of ribbon that you absolutely need right?! ahahahah! You're so funny! :)

    I hope you had a fabulous time at LOTV this past weekend! The girls were saying how much fun and how beautiful everyone was .. and they truly LOVED their time with all of you!!!!!! :)

    Sending Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya, thanks for the link up. Love what you have done! I would have loved to go to the LOTV party - maybe next time.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete