Friday 14 February 2014

'LOVE'.........Happy Valentines Day

Hi Friends.
A fairly quick post today as I have a romantic meal to cook!
Here is the card for hubby.


I took an old dictionary and tore out the page with LOVE on it, cut it down a bit and attached to a piece of white card with glue and seal and then inked round the edges. The love definition was stamped and embossed (can't remember whose stamps they are as I have had them years!) and matted and mounted on foam pads. The heart is a Stampendous stamp  embossed with a red moonglow powder. I pricked round the edges of the card, added the rub on sentiment and mounted on 3D foam for a bit of depth.
Sounds really quick but it seemed to take me ages, but then these minimalistic cards seem to!

 Well I do hope that you are all surviving this terrible weather, I think we have been very lucky up here in the north so far.
Have a wonderful evening and weekend whatever you are doing. I must away and cook.....actually glad we are not turning out in this rain and gales! (must be getting old).

Take care and Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look.

Hugs
Carole xx

PS. I am entering this card in the following challenges:-

Papertake Weekly -  With a Heart

6 comments:

  1. Great card Carole. We had the M&S meal deal - and hubby cooked! Yum!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole
    Fabulous card.... Just found your blog from your comment on my blog..... You have made some gorgeous cards
    Hugs Sylvie xxx
    Enjoy your Sunday
    Hopefully we are going on a Picnic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Carole! Love the dictionary idea, might have to try that one! Did your DH get you one? Hope you have enjoyed the weekend, it's been gorgeous today hasn't it? I made it into the garden for a bit of planting and tidying, feels great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole! OoOh gosh, this is BEAUUUUTIFUL! I love your how you took the definition of LOVE and placed it on your card! I know your hubby must've loved this! Hope you both had a Happy Valentines Day!

    Sending Warm Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely Carole, hope you had a fabulous meal with your Valentine lol!!
    My hubby has been under the weather for a few days, not like him at all... poor sausage!
    I love your ideas for your cards, they are so fresh and beautiful:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning CAS card! Love the layout and all of the different elements work so perfectly. That heart is gorgeous!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete