Friday 6 September 2013

Anyone who had a heart!

Hi friends!

Do you remember that song? I think it was Cilla Black back in the -mmmm- showing my age again! We won't go there.

Well one week to go till the wedding. The cake is all finished now and has kept me pretty busy of late. Just got to transport it to Ilfracombe in one piece now. (photo of that after the wedding).
Only the wedding card left to do!

So as a memento of the occasion I bought a wooden heart and jazzed it up as a keepsake! A bit of home décor.
Here it is -

 
I Had bought some Indigo Blu products to try so I first painted it with white Gee-Sso -Good - brilliant coverage, let that dry, it didn't take long and then added a touch of a pale pink acrylic paint in places.
Next out came the Flitter Glue and gilding flakes along with the Vintage Flourish stamp and I added that top and bottom. The lighthouse was stamped onto tissue and cut around and then carefully separated so that I had one ply and I attached it with Slap-it -on. - A big Thank You to Kay from Indigo Blu for those instructions. The wedding rings are a stamp from my stash - embossed in WOW Platinum and the words were all stamped in Archival black ink.
 After all that I decided to add some frantage as the rocks round the lighthouse, first applying Flitter Glu to protect the underneath layer. It worked well.
 
 

The lighthouse has significant memories for Iain and Nicole - they got engaged at one in Australia and will be married at Ilfracombe on the coast here.
 
A bit of ribbon to hang it with and all done. I added this to a keepsake box that I have bought them - more about that another day.
Hope you like my creation, I am quite pleased with my first venture into such things.
Have a good weekend, weather not too promising I fear.
Crafty hugs
Carole xx
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Carole! This is BRILLIANT! You're so creative with everything!!! Love love love it!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful Carole, you are so talented.. really can't wait to see the wedding cake. Hope you had a great time and everything went to plan:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete