Monday 10 June 2013

Starting Anew!

Starting anew is a bit like the feeling we get at New Year I think when we all make those resolutions to stick to - and seldom do - yes I know I still have not made a Christmas card and we are  6 months in to the year! so a Birthday is the next best start - hence a birthday card again.


 
(Sorry not a very good picture - something else on the to sort list!)
 
I used some of the new LOTV stamps on this one -boy are they lush - and too many to choose from. I stamped the rose from the Flora and Fauna backgrounds stamps onto some Melissa Francis patterned paper form my stash, and heat embossed in WOW superfine platinum powder and then lightly coloured with distress inks(spun sugar and worn lipstick), and  a tiny bit of glamour dust for that added sparkle.
 The corner was from another LOTV stamp plate already in my stash (sorry can't remember the name).Tags were from another new set and they were given the same treatment as the main image and then cut out and attached to the ribbon. The sentiment was stamped again onto the patterned paper and cut out with a Spellbinder die and mounted on pale pink card and 3D foam pads for a bit of dimension.
I really am in love with all these new stamps from LOTV!
Butterfly blinged a little and added to corner. ( I think this is a Martha Stewart monarch.)
 
 
A bit of a close up to try and show it a bit better.
 
I thought I might enter this in the monthly LOTV challenge which is "Use a Sentiment" (that is if I can work out how to link it!) .
 
I hope you like and thank you for stopping by. I would really appreciate your feedback.
 Have a good week.
 
Hugs Carole xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for entering our Lili of the Valley Monthly Challenge with your lovely card, Carole. Such a great use of our new stamps!
    Good luck!
    Erica =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Carole, love what you have done with these stamps.. your card looks so elegant:)..
    Glad to see the word verification has gone lol!!
    It was lovely to see you and your hubby on Sunday, hope you had a great day!
    Good luck with the challenge too:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete