Friday 7 June 2013

"It's Official"

Hi friends, hope you are enjoying the sunshine - long may it last.
A quick stop by today as I have a busy day as my Mum is celebrating her 93rd birthday, and I am expecting her for tea today! hence the card - a little bit different in the colours I usually do pink and the like for mum.
 
I decided to use some un-inked rubber - the blazing poppy from Indigo Blu and the sentiment is one of the new ones from LOTV - I just love all their new release. I used a shaped card from Craftwork Cards and die cut the mat and layers with a Spellbinder grand die that came with my Grand Calibur when I bought it. It seemed to match to the card pretty well. I stamped the image in black and then softened the white background with a pale blue and yellow pan pastel. I realised then I should have done it the other way around but quite liked the softened look on the image. The image was painted with Twinkling H2o's and the sentiment added (the right way round this time so I kept the black). The Mum bit is a rub on because I didn't have the right sized letters to stamp it - typical all that stash and still not just what I need!
I did the inside to match instead of an insert but just stamped the image in grey and no colour and Happy birthday replaced the sentiment.
 
 
 
You can just get the idea from this photo but of course silly me had written the card before taking the photo so you will have to imagine the rest! -sorry. One of these days I will get all this photo taking and blogging thingy, I am getting there slowly! Let's hope she likes it!
 
Right away to bake a Victoria sponge now (mum doesn't like icing ) so no fancy stuff!
Enjoy your day and thank you for joining me - I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and leave your comments.
Have a super weekend in the sunshine - might see you at the Dome Doncaster on Sunday!
Hugs
Carole xx
 
PS Sorry the pics are so small but if I do larger they overlap the writing in the side bar  - something else I need to sort out how to do!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card Carole, the colours really stand out..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete