Wednesday 29 May 2013

Here at last!

Hi ! I'm back! - No I haven't been on holiday, I think the mojo has, but hopefully coming back refreshed from wherever it has been.
I have been busy though - making favour boxes this time for - you guessed it my son's wedding later this year. I expect to be kept busy between now and then with "card and cake" in various stages. All will be revealed in September after the wedding.

So did you all have a good Bank Holiday and enjoy the sunshine? back to winter here yesterday and today no better. Pouring with rain and quite cold. I am sure fed up with this British summer.

On to a card then, a quick one made from scraps basically but nice and summery in it's feel.
 

 

The background was a plain piece of copier paper that I embossed in my Grand Calibur with the A4 Spellbinders "Garden Lattice" folder and wow how that alters such a plain piece of paper so dramatically. No need for expensive backing papers! -- so why do I have a room full? You know why!
 I gently inked with Milled Lavender Distress Ink to highlight the embossing.
 
The image is a Pink Petticoat stamp the was free with a recent magazine. I stamped in black memento and coloured with Copics. A little glitter to highlight and some faux stitching with a black fine liner. This was then layered on to some purple pearlescent card.
 
The little tags are from LOTV - so useful this set and fastened together with a dragonfly brad from my stash and then fixed to the corner of the topper. All mounted on thin foam pads for a bit more dimension.
Here is a close up of the topper.
 
 
 
I try so hard to keep things one dimensional for the post, but seldom succeed.
 
I added a verse inside and there it is all set to pop in the post box. 
 
Let me know what you think, I love and appreciate any comments you might leave and thank you for taking the time to stop by.
 
Hugs x Carole

3 comments:

  1. OoOH this is so soft and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole love the embossing !!!

    Lovely to meet you yesterday

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Carole, it was fabulous chatting yesterday, I really enjoyed my afternoon, popped in quickly as I'm off to work now.. 'Thanks' for visiting my blog yesterday hope you liked it:)
    Will come back later and have a browse, but what I've seen so far is fabulous!!
    Have a lovely day, it's gorgeous here in Doncaster, it's not right that you have to work on sunny days lol!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete